AASPA Book Store | Orientation & Onboarding
By Mark Stein & Lilith Christiansen
Fact: One-third of all external hires are no longer with the organization after two years. Most of them begin job searching after six months. What can you do about it? In a word: onboarding, the fastest-growing human resources tool in the world today. Although poorly understood, subject to narrow definitions and with limited codified best practice understanding and management rigor. Global consultants Mark Stein and Lilith Christiansen have studied and worked with leading companies on the topic and they've synthesized their work into one complete, ready-to-use system, incorporating case learnings from Fortune 500 companies and other forward-thinkers.
With Successful Onboarding, you can:
- Realize the best from your talent from the get-go without wasting time.
- Rewrite the employee-employer compact to everyone's advantage.
- Acclimate new hires to your culture without scaring them off.
- Assimilate new employees of all backgrounds yet benefit from their unique skills.
- Reduce time-to-productivity while increasing the level of productivity.
- Address the specific needs of individual hiring groups cost effectively.
- Make improvements at the systemic level with gains realized with regularity.