Sometimes You Win, Sometimes You Learn
AASPA Book Store | Leadership
By John C. Maxwell
John C. Maxwell believes that any setback, whether professional or personal, can be turned into a step forward when you possess the right tools to turn a loss into a gain. Drawing on nearly 50 years of leadership experience, Dr. Maxwell provides a roadmap for winning by examining the eleven elements that constitute the DNA of learners who succeed in the face of problems, failure and losses.
- Humility - The Spirit of Learning
- Reality - The Foundation of Learning
- Responsibility - The First Step of Learning
- Improvement - The Focus of Learning
- Hope - The Motivation of Learning
- Teachability - The Pathway of Learning
- Adversity - The Catalyst of Learning
- Problems - The Opportunities of Learning
- Bad Experiences - The Perspective for Learning
- Change - The Price of Learning
- Maturity - The Value of Learning
Learning is not easy during down times, it takes discipline to do the right thing when something goes wrong. As John Maxwell often points out--experience isn't the best teacher; evaluated experience is.