Superintendent of Schools – Miami, FL
School District: Miami-Dade County Public Schools
City/State: Miami, Florida
Where to Apply: MDCPSSuperintendentApplication2022@dadeschools.net
Position Open Until: 1/12/2022
On January 5, 2022, the School Board of Miami-Dade County, Florida approved the minimum qualifications for candidates wishing to apply for the position of Superintendent of Schools. This is a contracted position. The Superintendent is the chief executive officer of the School District (School Board Policy 1010) and reports directly to the school board. The Superintendent shall be responsible for the administration and management of the District's schools and for the supervision of instruction. (School Board Policy 1030). Pursuant to state law and Board Policy, the Board is authorized to appoint the Superintendent and to enter into an employment contract with the selected candidate.
- At a minimum, a Master's degree or higher; Doctoral degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience as a classroom teacher: Three (3) years of Highly Effective/Effective public school classroom teaching experience.
- Demonstrated experience as a school-site principal, and school district-wide experience
- Seven (7) years of progressively responsible public school administrative experience.
- An understanding of our diverse community and knowledge of the needs of our students, including English Language Learners, Exceptional Education Students, low performing students, our most gifted and talented students, and our students who come from economically deprived neighborhoods.
- Knowledge in administration, supervision, curriculum, business affairs, personnel management, and program evaluation.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Knowledge of and experience with industry-standard computer applications.
Deadline for Submission of Letter of Intent and Resume:
Interested applicants must submit a letter of intent and their resume to the School Board Attorney by no later than 5:00pm, Wednesday, January 12, 2022. Applicants must submit their documents both by electronic mail and U.S. Mail at the addresses listed below. These documents must be received by the prescribed deadline in order to be considered by the School Board for the position of Superintendent of Schools. Please note that all documents submitted will be considered public records.
Mail Required Documents:
Mr. Walter J. Harvey
School Board Attorney School Board Attorney’s Office
1450 N.E. 2nd Avenue, Suite 430 Miami Florida, 33132
The above email address will be in operation on January 6, 2022. Should you have any problems or questions please contact the School Board Attorney’s Office at 305-995-1304.