Math Teacher-Winston-Salem, NC
School District: Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools
City/State: Winston-Salem, NC
Where to Apply: https://nc.teachermatch.org/signin.do
Position Open Until: 7/1/2021
Reports To: Principal or Assistant Principal
General Statement of Duties:
This employee is responsible for organizing and implementing an instructional program for students in the regular classroom setting and meeting the duties of teaching as outlined in laws and policies.
Illustrative Examples of Work Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Designing the academic (basic) education program so that it is consistent with the total educational philosophy of the district.
- Continuing professional growth through educational meetings, visiting related facilities, reading professional literature, and exchanging ideas among the district staff.
- Working in coordination with other basic education teachers and other departments in planning and developing the basic program.
- Preparing educational plans for each group of students based on individually assessed needs in accordance with the district’s philosophy, goals and objectives.
- Using appropriate assessment instruments pertinent to instructional areas to assess student progress.
- Preparing lesson plans for each group or class assigned.
- Developing and maintaining a classroom environment conducive to effective learning.
- Providing varied instructional techniques and media through individual and/or group sessions designed to meet the educational, social and emotional needs of the students.
- Taking all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, materials, equipment and facilities.
- Participating in the in-school staffing and screening processes as appropriate.
- Assisting in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations, and School Board Policies.
- Assisting in the selection of books, equipment and other instructional materials.
- Providing for his/her own professional growth through an ongoing program of reading, workshops, seminars, conferences and/or advanced course work at institutions of higher learning.
- Monitoring and Reporting:
- Ensuring that each student in the program has necessary evaluation records in his/her permanent folder.
- Evaluating student progress on a regular basis and providing feedback to students and parents.
- Supplying progress reports to school personnel and to parents of students as necessary and requested.
- Completing appropriate reports for local, state, federal and educational agencies.
- Referring those students who require further evaluation or follow-up services to the appropriate school personnel or community agencies.
- Attending and participating in faculty meeting or other meetings as required.
- Other responsibilities as directed by his/her immediate supervisor.
Desirable Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree.
- Valid North Carolina Teaching License.
- Classroom teaching experience.