Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
School District: Downingtown Area School District
City/State: Downingtown, PA
Where to Apply: https://www.dasd.org/Page/2552
Position Open Until: 10/9/2020
Job Title: Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Downingtown Area School District is seeking a Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
- Plan, direct, coordinate, assist and is the internal consultant to the superintendent, assistant superintendent, executive leadership team, and principals regarding diversity, equity, and inclusion matters concerning staff, students, and families.
- Assists schools in addressing the needs of students and families from historically marginalized backgrounds.
- Provides coordination, consultation, guidance, support, and assistance to schools in working and communicating with parents and families. Ensures equity in our policies, practices, and procedures.
- Serves as a liaison to outside agencies in the areas of equity, diversity and inclusion and best practices in the areas of culturally relevant pedagogy and practice. Assists in furthering the diversity goals of the district.
- Graduate degree in related fields required. (Psychology, Human Resources, School Counseling, MultiCultural Education, Social Work, Organizational Development, Communications, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of issues and concerns of historically marginalized groups; understanding of issues and concerns of a variety of groups.
- Ability to establish credibility, relate effectively, and gain the trust of others.
- Ability to interact effectively with and provide guidance to staff, students, parents/guardians, and community members.
- Skill at negotiating and consensus building to support administrative decisions and programs.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to efficiently manage time and a variety of responsibilities.
- Knowledge of data privacy practices and laws, PA school code, EEOC, IDEA, Title IX, and related regulations in the field of education.
- Ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, and administrators to develop and implement uses of educational best practices in the area of diversity.
For more details visit our District website: www.dasd.org. The following must be completed before an offer for employment is made: PA Required Clearances Act 168 Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Release Form(s)
At Downingtown Area School District we value our employees. We seek to hire new staff who:
- Communicate openly to build relationships and trust
- Partner with team members to see the TEAM succeed
- Demonstrate a growth mindset and seek ongoing opportunities for growth
- Embrace and support a safe and inclusive environment
- Eagerly and enthusiastically support student learning
- Strive to be kind and reflective
- Focus on the solution and put people first
- Lead by example!
If you want to be part of our “Downingtown Proud” team - please apply! Help us with our mission to educate all students to meet the rigorous challenges of a global society. Apply online using Job ID 3860 Click on Employment, Scroll down to APPLY HERE! Complete online application and Link to Job Posting #3860 EOE