Deputy Superintendent, Student Support & Intervention - GA
Job Title: Deputy Superintendent, Student Support & Intervention
School District: Dekalb County School District
City/State: Stone Mountain, Georgia
Where to Apply: https://www.applitrack.com/dekalbschoolsga/onlineapp
Position Open Until: 02/06/2023
Job Description: GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB
Under limited supervision, has direct oversight responsibility for all aspects of the day-to-day implementation of designated programs, services, activities, and personnel for Student Support Services, Title IV, Afterschool Extended Day, Psychological Services, Student Relations, Student Advancement, relevant programs, activities, and operations; ensures the daily implementation of student support services which are fundamental to the effective and efficient delivery of instructional programs in DeKalb County School District (DCSD).
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are representative of this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Provides supervision of daily operations of Student Support Services (guidance, counseling, mentoring, nurses, psychologists, and social workers), Psychological Services, Student Advancement, Student Relations, relevant programs such as afterschool extended day, activities, and operations through heads of departments/work units in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws, Georgia Department of Education requirements, and board policies and regulations
- Develops a district equity plan/framework, to ensure that our strategic plans are fully reflective of, and inspired by, an equity lens and reflect our equity identity
- Develops and implement district-wide training for all staff to promote cultural proficiency and competency and a climate of equity and inclusion, with regard to implicit bias and best practices regarding underserved and historically marginalized populations (e.g., racial equity, gender equity, LGBTQ+ equity, disability status, etc.)
- Oversees district’s initiatives of Culture and Climate including extraordinary events
- Ensures the implementation of initiatives designed to promote a positive school/district climate in support of student success
- Provides direct supervision to personnel assigned to the sphere of supervision; ensures that duties, responsibilities authority, and accountability of all direct and indirect subordinates are defined, understood, and properly executed
- Directs, monitors, and appraises the performance of departments/work units
- Oversees the fiscal management of funds allocated to departments/work units under the sphere of supervision
- Manages Title IV budget and implementation
- Provides executive leadership in support of district goals, school district initiatives, and strategic plans; maintains current knowledge of trends that impact all areas of responsibility and advises the Superintendent of appropriate courses of action
- Designs and implements plans to improve service delivery provided by departments/work units under the sphere of supervision
- Promotes district initiatives to provide students with post-secondary options
- Plans, guides, and advises Superintendent, Board, and Senior Cabinet on equity and student support issues
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree from a Georgia Professional Standards Commission approved accredited college or university required.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience as an administrator in a school system setting or as an executive with demonstrated successful advancement through the administrative or executive managerial hierarchy, as appropriate, required.
- Valid Georgia Professional Standards Commission approved certificate in educational leadership at level L-5, NL-5, PL-6, or above required. If a level L-5, NL-5, PL-6, or above certificate is not held, the individual must be eligible for the NPL certificate in educational leadership or Support Personnel License from the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (HR applies for SPL upon hire).