Deputy Superintendent- Castle Rock, Colorado
School District: Douglas County School District
City/State: Castle Rock, Colorado
Where to Apply: https://wd5.myworkdaysite.com/recruiting/dcsd/DCSD/job/Wilcox/Deputy-Superintendent_Req-00052905
Position Open Until: 5/14/2021
- Responsible for overseeing and aligning critical district administrative functions, processes and special projects that engage multiple divisions under direction from the Superintendent.
- Exercise functional supervision over the Superintendent’s direct reports.
- Supervise on a constant, ongoing basis, the translation of the district’s educational philosophy, goals and objectives into active terms that directly benefit students.
- Serve as the acting chief administrator at the request of or in the absence of the Superintendent.
- Develops and promotes good community relations among various community and school clientele.
- Serve as a member of the Superintendent’s Leadership Team and participate in all School Board meetings.
- Strategic/systemic oversight and accountability of programs and departments.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and evaluation of the District’s equity strategy.
- Lead, inform, and influence systemic change to develop and implement culturally responsive systems through teaching, leading, and organizational policies and practices.
- Consult with the Superintendent and other personnel on inquiries related to the support and implementation of equity in the District’s neighborhood schools, including communication with the District and School Accountability Committees promoting effective two-way communication of pertinent and relative matters.
- Collaborate with District leadership regarding the development and implementation of effective and efficient practices and strategies in areas related to equity in the District’s neighborhood schools, including communication and training with the District and School Accountability Committees promoting effective two-way communication of pertinent and relative matters.
- Project manage and collaborate with Human Resources staff and building administrators to encourage the development and hiring of diverse staff members who are reflective of our community and student population.
- Assist in the development and implementation and application of personnel policies, practices, and procedures.
- Convene and provide direction to the Equity Leadership Team and Academic Cabinet.
- Convene and facilitate district committees as needed.
- Participate in and facilitate workshops, meetings, community events, etc. for collaborating, sharing, and/or presenting information.
- Convene and lead ongoing community connections that sustain equitable and inclusive practices.
- Work with external government, community and private entities in efforts to achieve district goals.
- Assist with promoting parent and family workshops and continuous learning opportunities that include increased understanding of school curriculum, assessment and supportive opportunities for families/community to understand how to support student learning.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Meet with district leadership team members and key stakeholders regularly to direct the implementation of district-wide initiatives and goals.
- Participate with the Superintendent and other senior staff in strategic planning, policy development and problem resolution of complex issues and needs.
- Provide technical expertise, information and assistance to the Superintendent regarding assigned functions; assist in the formulation and development of policies, procedures and programs; advise the Superintendent of unusual trends or problems and recommend appropriate corrective action; maintain constant communication and contact with the Superintendent concerning the day-to-day operation of the district.
- Provide organizational leadership to ensure the coordinated planning and consistent implementation of the school district’s strategic plan, making certain that programs and supports are effective and focused on student learning and prioritized to meet individual school needs.
- Foster a work environment and culture that is student-focused and results-orientated.
- Support Superintendent and cabinet with management and supervision across senior staff.
- Lead large-scale district projects that require management, support and coordination across multiple divisions and multiple stakeholder groups.
- Provide leadership and coordination for the implementation of bond initiatives, including budget management, programmatic leadership for expansion of Career Technical Education, Early Childhood Education, project management across all aspects of the bond package, coordination between divisions, design and build for new schools, land acquisition, project coordination between departments and schools and effective stakeholder engagement.
- Provide leadership and direction for district level community engagement committees.
- Represent the Superintendent at meetings of staff and community groups, as requested.
Certifications: Colorado Principal/Administrator's License - Colorado Department of Education