COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update for School Personnel Administrators
AASPA recognizes the concerns of school personnel administrators with regards to the recent developments and spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and its potential impact on schools and school employees. We are committed to providing you with the most up-to-date information available from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We will be posting via our AASPA Blogs, the strategies, tools and recommendations provided by various districts facing and preparing for change.
As we await guidance from the CDC on specific strategies for schools, AASPA encourages you to share strategies and resources with your staff and schools for prevention as well as education on this virus.
Resources provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Updated Daily Information from CDC
- Guidance for Administrators of K-12 Schools from the CDC
- Pandemic Flu Checklist: K-12 School Administrators
- CDC Considerations for School Closure
Information provided by the US Department of Education:
Social Distancing Resources:
- How to not practice emotional distancing during social distancing
- Amid school closures and social distancing, finding hope in a crisis
- How to Engage in Social Connection While Socially Distancing
- Guidance to School Districts on Hiring and Recruitment During Social Distancing and School Closures
Information provided by the US Department of Labor:
- U.S. Department OF Labor Offers Guidance for Preparing Workplaces for Coronavirus
- Questions & Answers on Providing Services to Children with Disabilities During the Coronavirus Disease 2019 Outbreak
- COVID-19 or Other Public Health Emergencies and the Fair Labor Standards Act Questions and Answers
- Q&A About the ADA, the Rehabilitation Act and COVID-19
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act Notice – Frequently Asked Questions
- FFCRA Poster
- DOL FAQ
If you have resources you would like to share, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.