Associate Superintendent, Leadership & Schools - GA
Job Title: Associate Superintendent, Leadership & Schools
School District: Dekalb County School District
City/State: Stone Mountain, Georgia
Where to Apply: https://www.applitrack.com/dekalbschoolsga/onlineapp
Position Open Until: 02/06/2023
GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB
Under limited supervision, provides oversight, leadership, and direction for the efficient operation and academic management of schools in accordance with Board policy and strategic initiatives. The Associate Superintendent, Leadership & Schools serves as a senior cabinet member, supervises the Regional Superintendents, and has regular contact with school administrators, district leadership, and Central Office staff.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are representative of this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Oversees and supervises Regional Superintendents and school leaders ensuring that all team members are accountable for meeting clear expectations and supporting the implementation of the strategic plan initiatives related to the operation of the schools
- Provides strategic leadership in the design, planning, implementation, and evaluation of goals, short and long-range plans, and programs in the areas of school improvement plans and overall school performance
- Works with Regional Superintendents to closely monitor school improvement through a cycle of continuous improvement and sound management practices
- Collaborates with Chief Academic Officer to develop communication systems that ensure a smooth flow of information (both vertically and horizontally), enable concentrated energy on highest-priority goals for each school, and ensure shared best practices across schools
- Maintains a cutting-edge awareness of promising practices and innovations in programs and policies for teaching, learning, and school design that can be utilized/implemented to increase student achievement in all categories of students
- Coordinates effectively with the Chief Academic Officer to ensure standards-aligned curriculum, assessments, and instructional practices are implemented with fidelity
- Collaborates with governmental agencies, business and civic organizations, and the community to provide needed information and to promote the schools’ educational initiatives
- Supports Regional Superintendents with assessing, planning, and implementing training for principals and other instructional staff; cultivates Instructional Leaders to ensure the development of high-performing school teams that integrate a data-driven, equity-focused, and multi-tiered approach to increasing student achievement
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in Education, Education Administration, or closely related field from a Georgia Professional Standards Commission approved accredited college or university required.
- Minimum ten (10) years of progressively responsible administrative and supervisory experience in a school system setting or as an executive with demonstrated successful advancement through the administrative or executive managerial hierarchy, as appropriate, required.
- Experience in curriculum, instruction, and school leadership required.
- Valid Georgia Professional Standards Commission approved certificate in educational leadership at level L-5, NL-5, PL-6, or above required. If a level L-5, NL-5, PL-6, or above certificate is not held, the individual must be eligible for the NPL certificate in educational leadership or meet the eligibility requirement for a Support Personnel License from the Georgia Professional Standards Commission.