Human Resources Specialist - Hillsboro, OR
School District: Northwest Regional ESD
City/State: Hillsboro, OR
Where to Apply: https://phl.applitrack.com/nwresd/onlineapp/default.aspx?all=1
Position Open Until: 10/29/2021
Department: Human Resources
Location: Washington Service Center
Reports To: Chief Human Resources Officer
Compensation: Confidential Salary
Schedule Days Per Year: 250
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: This position provides technical assistance in the area of Human Resources related to hiring, employment, benefits, OFLA/FMLA, contracts, worker's compensation, licensure, and HR Information System administration and report creation. Serves as confidential support to the Chief HR Officer. Duties depend on department assignments and require knowledge of Human Resources and NWRESD policies, practices and procedures. This position is subject to board policies, administrative rules and procedures, department regulations, and applicable State and Federal statutes. This position carries no administrative authority or responsibility.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and data based software systems to support HR.
- Three to five years of progressively responsible HR experience preferred.
- Degree/training in HR preferred or experience in lieu of degree.
- Knowledge of FMLA/OFLA rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of Healthcare benefit programs.
- Ability to work independently and make appropriate decisions regarding work methods and priorities while maintaining the high confidentiality necessary for HR work.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with HR co-workers, NWRESD staff, and the public.
- Ability to make presentations before a diverse group of employees.
- Knowledge of record keeping methods.
- Ability to perform detailed tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to coordinate multiple work projects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Include the following. Performs some or all of the following tasks. Other Duties may be assigned. The duties listed below are not inclusive, but characteristic of the type and level of work assigned for this position.
- Responsible for preparation of appropriate correspondence, employment contracts, and benefits within established timelines.
- Coordinates hiring process including posting, support to administrators through the posting/offer process, correspondence with new hire, completion of new hire paperwork and orientation, and data input in to HRIS.
- Support specialist for HRIS software systems - (employee data management, online application tool, and online evaluation tool).
- Set up and maintain data within each application, including providing training to staff.
- Troubleshoot as needed.
- Assist Chief HR Officer in preparation and issuance of appropriate contract extensions/renewals.
- Coordinates insurance benefits including assisting employees with benefit enrollment.
- Process insurance documentation and serve as a liaison to OEBB for HR Department.
- Coordinates leave administration (FMLA/OFLA), including monitoring for compliance with state and federal laws and district policies.
- Coordinates TSPC Licensing for NWRESD licensed staff.
- Includes PEER forms, tracking PDUs, renewal information to existing employees, liaison to TSPC for HR Department.
- Coordinates Worker's Compensation. includes tracking claims, serving as liaison to WC insurance company.
- Prepares HR requisitions for fiscal services. Organizes and prints various budget reports.
- Assists in preparation of statistical reports (ODE, WC, etc.) and clerical support to Chief HR Officer as requested.
- Composes and types correspondence, performs editing, filing and answering and referring telephone calls from employees, the public and other school districts.
- Assists in maintaining an up-to-date Staff Handbook.
- Maintains complete and up-to-date personnel files and records.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with staff and customers at all organizational levels.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Note: The description contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principle functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods, or otherwise to balance the workload.
On Aug. 19, Governor Brown ordered all public and private school teachers, educators, support staff, substitutes and volunteers to be vaccinated by Oct. 18 or six weeks after FDA approval, whichever is later. Since the governor’s announcement, a COVID-19 vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech) has received regular Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval meaning Oct. 18 is confirmed as the mandatory deadline for vaccination. "Fully vaccinated" is defined as 14 days after receiving all required doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine (currently two shots of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or one shot of Johnson & Johnson vaccine). Starting Oct. 18, testing will no longer be an option as the alternative to vaccination. All Northwest Regional ESD staff, substitutes, contractors, interns and volunteers will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 per the Aug. 19 order from Gov. Kate Brown. All staff members will need to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Exemptions may be made only for eligible medical or religious reasons. There will not be an option to opt out for other reasons or choose testing in lieu of vaccination, under the state mandate.
In order to support students and families, the essential functions of this position may require physical presence in the workplace. All public health protocols will be followed. Northwest Regional Education Service District is an equal opportunity employer; committed to building an inclusive community and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. We are proud to be an antiracist organization. We work to understand how racial ideology is manufactured and how it impacts the lives of our staff and those we serve. In line with our commitment to disrupting systemic racism, we acknowledge that research shows that Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC) and women are significantly less likely to apply for some positions, believing they must meet every qualification as described in the job description. At NWRESD, we value representation, and we are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job. We know that sometimes that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of the qualifications described below.
NW REGIONAL ESD’S MISSION STATEMENT: In partnership with the communities we serve, Northwest Regional ESD improves student learning by providing equitable access to high quality services and support.
NWRESD believes that every individual makes a significant contribution to our success. The administration reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary that still reflect the essential functions of the department. It is our expectation that every employee will offer their services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the ESD’s goals. Equal Opportunity Employer Northwest Regional Education Service District is an equal opportunity employer; committed to building an inclusive community and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. We are proud to be an antiracist organization. We work to understand how racial ideology is manufactured and how it impacts the lives of our staff and those we serve. Northwest Regional Education Service District is proud to be an antiracist, Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to ensuring diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to race, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, religion, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Northwest Regional Education Service District is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our recruitment procedures for individuals experiencing a disability. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. Speech/Hearing impaired persons may contact the district for assistance through the Oregon telecommunications Relay Service at 1-800-735-2900.