Director of Technology Systems and Services-Kalamazoo, MI
School District: Kalamazoo Public Schools
City/State: Kalamazoo, MI
Where to Apply: http://www.kpsjobs.com
Position Open Until: 7/30/2021
OUR MISSION: Nurture the dreams of all students and empower all students to contribute to a better world.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES: Provides dynamic, responsive, collaborative, and forward-thinking vision, leadership, and management of technology systems and services to support the mission and goals of KPS.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned):
- Support the alignment of systems and tools for gathering, quality checking, and reporting data in actionable and meaningful ways.
- Responsible for establishing a system to ensure the reliability, stability, integrity, security, and effectiveness of the district-wide data network.
- Develop and implement a vendor management framework for contracted technology services.
- Lead and implement the District’s e-Rate program.
- Manage the technology disaster recovery plan and tests.
- Oversee and manage the daily operations of the systems and services team.
- Manage the setup, maintenance, and effective/efficient operation of all department software systems (i e., Business Finance, Human Resources, Transportation, Food Services, Data Warehouse, etc.).
- Manage the current and historical student management databases along with the associated hardware. Works with various databases to extract data using multiple reporting tools, maintaining data integrity, and complying with State and Federal data requirements.
- Responsible for supporting the submission of State/Federal reporting and data integrity of reports with relation to student accounting. The responsibility includes but is not limited to Office of Civil Rights reports, School Infrastructure Database, Unique Identification Code assignments, General Collections, Supplemental Nutrition, Early Childhood, and Teacher Student Data Link.
- Maintain updated and accurate documentation of all relevant policies and procedures.
- Responsible for working closely with the Executive Director of Instructional and Informational Technology to develop and implement a district-wide strategic technology plan.
- Oversee the selection and implementation of a cybersecurity training program.
- Oversee the development and implementation of formal training plans for technical staff.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
- Proof of a minimum of five (5) years as a technology manager in a K12 system.
- Experience with SQL and Cognos.
- Record of prior successful experience in programming, reporting, and systems analysis.
- Has a history of demonstrating critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Proven skills to effectively communicate and collaborate.
- The candidate has proven successful leadership experience in network management, application software, hardware selection and deployment, system troubleshooting, and system maintenance.
- Possess prior successful leadership experience in large-scale database management.
- Prior experience with pupil accounting.
- Master’s in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
- Possess six (6) or more years as a technology manager in a K12 system.
- Evidence of knowledge of instructional and analytical software programs.
Interested external applicants should apply online (Job ID: #3780).
Internal candidates should submit a letter of interest and current resume to:
Human Resources Department
Attn: Sheila Dorsey-Smith, Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources
1220 Howard Street
Kalamazoo, Michigan 49008
PHONE: (269) 337-0178
FAX: (269) 337-0185
Initial screening will take place Wednesday, July 28, 2021. The position will remain posted until filled. Visit our website at: http://www.kpsjobs.com. Kalamazoo Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer.