Special Education Services Officer- Castle Rock, Colorado
School District: Douglas County School District
City/State: Castle Rock, Colorado
Where to Apply: https://wd5.myworkdaysite.com/recruiting/dcsd/DCSD/job/Wilcox/Special-Education-Services-Officer_Req-00052906
Position Open Until: 5/28/2021
- Chief district leader overseeing all matters related to the District’s personalized educational programming and psychological safety for students.
- Provides leadership for the educational support of students with unique learning needs including Special Education.
- Is responsible for the district psychological safety plan, student wellness, the homeless liaison, and nurses/health assistants.
- Serves on the Superintendent’s cabinet and is a key member of the district leadership team.
- Supports initiatives related to personalized learning, equity, outplacement, community engagement and development of community resources, as well as the instructional cabinet.
- Provide district-level leadership as a member of the superintendent’s cabinet.
- Prepare and monitor long/short range programming planning and budgeting, including analysis of budget expenditures and recommendations for on-going operations effectiveness, including space and facility needs.
- Plan and oversee the delivery of staff development training for all departmental employees.
- Direct and monitor effective instructional and curricular practices to students with unique learning needs including students placed in detention centers, youth corrections, residential treatment centers, residential childcare facilities, day treatment programs and hospitals.
- Develop and maintain effective communications among the community, parents, the faculty and the administration regarding student needs, personalized programming, and instruction.
- Manage the Department’s human resources activities: hire/direct/mentor/discipline/terminate; professional development activities; evaluations District leadership for special education, implementation, and assessment to preschool and K-12 students with diverse learning needs and collaborates to ensure optimal blending of special and general education delivery as mandated by local, state, and federal laws.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. Lead department to a shared vision supports each stakeholder group in developing plans to achieve that vision and aligns resources to those plans.
CO Principal Licensure - Colorado Department of Education, CO Special Education Director License - Colorado Department of Education - Colorado Department of Education, Special Education Generalist license - Colorado Department of Education