Human Resources Business Partner, Employee Credentialing- Ellicott City, MD
School District: Howard County Public School System
City/State: Ellicott City, MD
Where to Apply: https://www.hcpss.org/employment/
Position Open Until: 05/23/21
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) is responsible for performing the full scope of a human resources professional with a concentration in employee credentialing. The HRBP works closely with senior OHR leadership to align and facilitate implementation of operational processes and procedures. Serving as a change agent, the position formulates partnerships across human resources functions to deliver value-added service to management, employees, and stakeholders that reflect the core values and objectives of the organization. The HRBP establishes and maintains effective communication, engagement, and collaboration with stakeholders throughout the school system.
Under the direction of the Coordinator of Position Control, Staffing, and Employee Credentialing, the HRBP coordinates the implementation of the HCPSS employee credentialing program and Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) regulations and requirements to support attracting and retaining a talented workforce. In collaboration with the Employee Credentialing Specialists, this position interprets and applies Maryland regulations (COMAR) and other certification and licensure requirements in order to evaluate the credentials of certificated and licensed personnel.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluates, interprets, and communicates state and national certification and licensing requirements for HCPSS educators and employees.
- Imports, analyzes, and reviews data as related to employee credentials. Generates reports to provide direction for systemic decision-making, growth, and progress.
- Receives and processes applications for MSDE certification, audits and maintains a database of certification and licensing information, and advises of impending expirations and timelines for renewals.
- Administers all professional licenses for Occupational and Physical Therapists, Speech Pathologists, School Social Workers, Nurses, Interpreters, and other applicable personnel.
- Maintains and updates certification and licensure data in Workday, the HCPSS human capital management system, and MSDE’s Educator Information System (EIS).
- Advises staff regarding specific coursework, tests, or workshops needed to meet initial certification and renewal requirements, requirements for additional endorsement areas, and other licensure requirements.
- Coordinates the monitoring, tracking, and reporting of educator certification status and licensure requirements to ensure compliance with district, state, and federal requirements.
- Conducts, reviews, and facilitates salary lane change requests, including employee communication, transcript review, and education data entry based on master agreements.
- Works closely and collaboratively with colleagues in the Division of Academics to provide employee credentialing data, assignment qualifications and alignment, and state and local certification reports.
- Evaluates the working assignments of educators throughout the school system and collaborates with school administrators to ensure compliance with state certification and licensing requirements.
- Collaborates with the OHR leadership team to develop policies, programs, and solutions to OHR needs and objectives.
- Collaborates with OHR HRBPs and colleagues to provide operational and project support for current and new OHR initiatives.
- Participates in recruitment events, new employee onboarding processes, MSDE meetings, and other departmental and/or external meetings.
The above list is a summary of the functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties.
Applicants must meet all the following qualifications, listed below, to be considered for the vacancy. Use the application, letter of introduction, and resume to specifically address each qualification.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in human resources, business administration, or a related field.
- Five years of successful human resources experience with at least two years of progressive responsibility.
- Proficiency utilizing spreadsheets to organize, manipulate, and analyze data.
- Demonstrated proficiency with technology to include web-based productivity and collaboration tools (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability communicating effectively and exhibiting professional behavior, tact, and good judgement with colleagues, supervisors, and senior leadership.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Satisfactory completion of Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) training for Certification Authorized Partner (CAP) or Certification Authorized Partner Associate (CAPA).
- Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) certification.
- Demonstrated experience as a human resources professional in a public school system setting.
- Knowledge of Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) educator certification, certificate types, and the general requirements for earning certification and endorsements.
- Knowledge of the Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR), Public School Laws of Maryland, the bylaws of the State Board of Education, and the policies of the Board of Education of the Howard County Public School System.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Demonstrated professional experience monitoring, tracking, and analyzing data to inform decision-making.
This is a 12-month per year position in the Howard County Educators Association, Educational Support Professionals unit (HCEA-ESP). The current salary range for this position is on the Central Office Technical Salary Scale, Grade 26, $89,178 - $134,380. Salary placement will be in conjunction with salary procedures of the Howard County Public School System which considers relevant prior experience. Under the Fair Labor Standards Act, this position is exempt from overtime.
Please complete the online application in a timely manner. There will be a pre-screening of applicant credentials before inviting candidates in for an interview. Only applicants who submit all the requested information by the closing date of the vacancy will be considered for this position. Interviews will be limited to those applicants who, in addition to meeting the basic requirements, have experiences and education which most closely match the position qualifications and the needs of the school system.
Please note that a completed application includes:
- A complete application form that includes a listing of employment locations with dates of employment and names of direct supervisors.
- All required supplemental materials (i.e.: resume, letter of introduction, transcripts, certificates, etc.).
For questions regarding this vacancy, please contact:
Human Resources Business Partner
Office of Human Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Howard County Public School System (HCPSS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. HCPSS ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or political affiliation.