Human Resources Administrator- Manassas, VA
School District: Manassas City Public Schools
City/State: Manassas, Virginia
Where to Apply: www.mcpsva.org
Position Open Until: 5/14/2021
Pay Grade: 20
Period of Employment: 12 months
Description Approved/Revised: 5/2021
FLSA Status: Exempt
Supervised by and/or Reports to: Executive Director of Human Resources General
Responsibilities: Responsible for planning, organizing and assisting with the development and maintenance of Human Resources programs for the school division to include: service awards, recruitment, staffing, pre-employment background checks, classification, compensation, new employee onboarding, employee evaluation, staff training and professional development, and other assigned areas.
Essential Duties: (This list is intended solely as an illustration of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude their addition if they are similar to or a logical extension of the position.)
• Participates in recruitment fairs, conferences, and activities to recruit applicants; coordinates recruitment and travel schedule for all recruitment trips.
• Coordinates with principals and department directors in planning for staffing needs, recommends assignment of employees and reviews personnel requests for appropriateness.
• Updates the employee annual calendar.
• Updates the Virginia New Hire report monthly.
• Reviews and updates Human Resources page on the MCPS website.
• Processes unemployment claims; participates in hearings.
• Performs duties associated with position control and staffing, posting of vacancies using the applicant tracking system, screening of applicants to ensure eligibility for hire, validation of experience credit and references, preliminary salary schedule placement, extends job offers, and other areas as assigned.
• Facilitates onboarding and/or orientation sessions for new employees.
• Oversees the EPED, Extra Block, and Teacher Mentor processes; creates contracts, enters PAF’s into Munis,
• Coordinates and participates in departmental activities including special recognition events and workshops.
• Keeps abreast of the latest developments and innovations in technological processes, products, and programs related to Human Resources functions.
• Prepares, manages, and conducts classification and compensation survey/studies as appropriate for the school division to ensure competitive wage and salary structures.
• Develops, writes, revises and maintains job descriptions and determines appropriate classification and grade placement (when appropriate).
• Conducts research, analyzes information, and compiles statistics and other data regarding position classification, job analysis, external and internal equity, and reclassification.
• Assists in the management of programs and processes for effective employee evaluation instruments/systems.
• Coordinates the placement (i.e., observation, practicum, guidance interns, and student teachers) of university students throughout the school division.
• Processes personnel actions (i.e., transfers, promotions, dismissals, status changes, retirements, leave, etc.) in accordance with division policies and regulations and other applicable laws.
• Communicates with customers efficiently and effectively to ensure good customer service.
• Create consistent, meaningful content on all social media platforms for the Human Resources Department.
• Performs other job duties as assigned.
Requisite Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of philosophies, principals, and practices of public personnel administration.
• Knowledge of Federal and State laws and regulations applicable to public school employment.
• Knowledge of current technology applications as it applies to personnel management and staff training.
• Knowledge of training and current delivery methods.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with school officials, employees, and the general public.
• Ability to analyze facts and present recommendation effectively in oral and written form.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment.
• Ability to work successfully under pressure and resolve issues in team-based environment.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and local and state agencies.
• Ability to organize and perform work independently.
• Ability to perform detailed work with accuracy.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Knowledge of the methods and practices of personnel administration, including classification and pay, employee evaluation, and selection.
Requisite Education and Experience:
• Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field.
• Preference given to those with a Master’s Degree in human resources, public administration, or a related field.
• Must possess a minimum of six (6) years of progressive Human Resources experience.
Physical Requirements: Must have the use of sensory skills in order to effectively communicate and interact with other employees and the public through the use of the telephone and personal contact as normally defined by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle or feel objects and controls. Physically capable of effectively using and operating various items of office related equipment, such as, but not limited to: a personal computer, calculator, copier, and fax machine. Some climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, or repetitive motions required.
Manassas City Public Schools assures equal employment opportunities and equal education opportunities for employees and students as required by federal and state orders and laws. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential tasks. This job description is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements. It is neither intended to be, nor should it be construed as, an all-inclusive list of the responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the position. The administration reserves the right to modify, assign, or remove duties as necessary.
** Please apply directly to the position on our website at www.mcpsva.org