Director of Human Resources-IL
Job Title: Director of Human Resources
School District: SPEED S.E.J.A. District 802
City/State: Chicago Heights, IL
Where to Apply: https://www.applitrack.com/speed/onlineapp/default.aspx
Position Open Until: 07/01/2022
- Valid Professional Educator license with General Administrative endorsement. Masters required.
- Prior Administrative or Human Resources experience required.
- SHRM or HCLE certification is desirable. Experience in Human Resources preferred.
- Qualified teacher and principal evaluator and/or ability to complete training modules.
- Must possess and demonstrate skills in use of the computers and software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point. Experience with Infinite Visions software is a plus.
- Exceptional organizational skills exhibit high degree of attention to detail and proficient in independently performing detailed special assignments with a high degree of accuracy.
- Develop COVID-19 protocols and procedures to maintain alignment with the IDPH and ISBE guidelines for educational institutions.
- Manage staff quarantines/ isolations and determines work accommodations related to COVID-19.
- Collaborates with nursing staff regarding COVID-19 procedures and guidelines; onsite testing; and contact tracing.
- Adheres to and enforces board policy, school guidelines, administrative directives and district standards.
- Enforces guidelines to maintain proper discipline and conduct.
- Remains abreast of governmental statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to personnel administration and ensures compliance.
- Assists with compliance of the requirements of PERA and evaluation processes.
- Provides leadership in conducting and completing staff evaluations.
- Organize and conduct New Staff Training.
- Organize and conduct training programs for Substitutes.
- Assists with the facilitation of exit interviews and compiles data for analysis. 12. Plans, develops and administers staff record-keeping programs and procedures concerning certification, seniority, tenure and attendance.
- Establishes partnerships with universities and colleges to recruit and promote educational needs.
- Manage the relationships with the populations and communities surrounding the SPEED S.E.J.A.#802.
- Develop, manage, and implement the strategic direction of all public relations, marketing, and communication related activities.
- Respond to emergency situations both during and after normal working hours to facilitate and coordinate effective communication and decision making.
- Organize local events; attend community meetings and creating programs for community outreach.
- Maintains, monitors, and oversees human resource systems and processes. 19. Assists in maintaining an effective and safe school environment.
- Works as a team member to meet the system-wide needs of the district.
- Collaborate with administrators on performance objectives.
- Facilitates communication between staff, students, and/or parents for the purpose of evaluating situations, solving problems and/or resolving conflicts.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates flexibility in program planning.
- Secures and maintains personnel files of all employees.
- Develops job descriptions for new positions and assists in the review and revision of existing positions and their respective job descriptions.
- Makes recommendations to the Program Principal about appropriateness of placement.
- Organizes and maintains complete and accurate records.
- Assists in the facilitation of placement of staff.
- Attend Job and Recruitment fairs.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with universities and agencies.
- Understanding of personnel salaries/benefits.