Director of Human Resources-CO
Job Title: Director of Human Resources
School District: Boulder Valley School District, CO
City/State: Boulder, CO
Where to Apply: https://jobs.bvsd.org
Position Open Until: 07/02/2022
Summary: The Director of Human Resources supports district led initiatives, labor relations, and hiring that relate to teachers, special service providers, substitutes, office professionals and building administrators. Other responsibilities include oversight of employee leaves of absence, including the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and university partnerships involving student teachers placements and programming.
- Labor Relations: Work directly with the teacher and office professional associations to foster a positive and collaborative partnership. Meet regularly with the associations to proactively discuss personnel issues, concerns or informational items that arise. Ensure compliance with the negotiated agreements and serve as a resource to administrators and supervisors regarding policies and procedures. Investigate allegations of inappropriate employee conduct concerning potential negotiated agreement and/or board violations. Participate in district negotiations with both associations. Lead and support principals and supervisors with employee improvement plans as outlined in the negotiated agreements and board policy. Support building administrators and district with informal and formal grievances.
- Talent Acquisition: Support the Talent Acquisition team in the hiring, and retention of high quality staff. Coordinate with instructional leadership in the development and implementation of grow your own programs for students and paraeducators.
- Administrator Hiring: Facilitate the hiring process, in collaboration with the Executive Directors and Assistant Superintendents, for school and district level administrators including, but not limited to, initial paper screening, screening interviews, participation in committee interviews, review of reference check, and job offers.
- Compliance: Oversee teacher licensing to ensure that all licensed staff hold the appropriate licenses and verify licenses are active and up to date. Serve as a liaison between the district and the Colorado Board of Education licensing department.
- Teacher Candidates: Partner with universities to support and develop new educators through student teaching. Facilitate staff development for cooperating teachers around BVSD’s co-teaching model and provide an orientation each semester for teacher candidates. Coordinate the set up of emails and IT access for incoming candidates. Attend university activities that support student teachers.
- Placement of Teachers – Coordinate placement of teachers displaced from schools in the spring due to reduction of staffing allocations in buildings. Compile historical data of placements and move teachers according to licensure, experience, negotiated agreement, and board policies.
- Substitute Teachers – Oversee the substitute program. Co-plan monthly orientation meetings for new employees ensuring expectations, accountability and required information are communicated to new substitutes. Implement a recognition system for substitutes. Conduct investigations of alleged inappropriate conduct and problem solve personnel issues. Recruit substitutes to increase the pool of subs. Design and provide professional learning opportunities to subs 2-4 times throughout the school year.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in a major pertinent to the position requirements: Educational Administration
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a School Principal
- Experience in teaching, supervision, and educational leadership
- Colorado Principal or Administrator License Valid
- Colorado driver’s license
- Minimum three years of human resource management experience
- Degree in Human Resources Management or Business Administration
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification
- Minimum 2 years of labor relations experience
- APT Range 13: $98,985 - $148,478 (based on 2021-2022 salary schedule)
- Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html