Director of Equal Educational and Employment Opportunity and EEO Compliance Officer- Castle Rock, CO
School District: Douglas County School District
City/State: Castle Rock, Colorado
Where to Apply: https://wd5.myworkdaysite.com/recruiting/dcsd/DCSD/job/Wilcox/Director-of-Equal-Educational-and-Employment-Opportunity-and-EEO-Compliance-Officer_Req-00053434
Position Open Until: 6/18/2021
- Provides assistance to administrative and supervisory personnel in the continuous effort to afford equal opportunities in educational programs, employment and contracting activities regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
- Strengthens a safe and respectful environment by ensuring the District’s response to equity or discrimination complaints involving students and employees is timely, thorough, effective, ethical, and compliant.
- Supports training to further EEO compliance, including compliance with applicable Title IX regulations.
- Consults and partners with Human Resources Department to evaluate employment data and HR practices.
- Consults and partners with school leadership to assure equal educational opportunity for students in the District’s programs and activities, including compliance with Title IX.
- Develops and promotes good community relations among various community and school clientele.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in Educational Administration, Juris Doctorate or comparable experience preferred.
• Experience addressing Title IX, Title VII, ADA, and other EEO compliance requirements.
• Experience and training in investigation of EEO complaints, including Title IX complaints.
• Experience using multiple data sources to generate insights from analyses, answering questions, and creating solutions.
EQUIPMENT USED: General office equipment
SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Will supervise District EEO Investigator
ESSENTIAL ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS: Mostly clean and comfortable
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Occasional lifting five (5) to ten (10) pounds
• Frequent sitting
• Occasional bending, squatting, or standing.
- Responsible for intake, processing, investigating, and reporting upon complaints/grievances under the District’s Anti-discrimination Policy, including complaints of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation involving employees.
- Develop training and other programs to improve effectiveness, access, compliance, or services furthering equal opportunity in educational programs, employment and contracting activities consistent with applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- Collaborate with the Human Resources Department to report EEO data that is timely and accurate and to provide employee statistical data in response to internal and external requests.
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state laws, regulations and policies regarding equal educational and employment opportunities, including but not limited to, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title VI, Title IX, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Monitor and provide support to appropriate HR personnel related to the processing and tracking mechanism for reasonable accommodation requests.
- Develop and deliver EEO and Inclusion awareness training and materials to District’s staff.
- Foster an inclusive environment in the District’s educational environment and workplace.
- Primary point of contact in conducting audits and internal investigations to support compliance.
- Provide insight and recommend corrective actions to leadership and HR team.
- Address internal inquiries regarding civil rights and equal opportunity laws and regulations as appropriate based on the specialist’s expertise; refers sensitive issues and concerns to manager or appropriate legal staff.
- Monitor and/or conduct investigations as deemed appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.