Assistant Principal/Dean of Students: Kalamazoo Central High School
School District: Kalamazoo Public Schools
City/State: Kalamazoo, MI
Where to Apply: http://www.kalamazoopublicschools.com
Position Open Until: 4/15/2020
*Interested applicants should apply online and attach their application to this posting.
The position of Assistant Principal/Dean of Students provides building leadership and assistance to the building principal in all aspects of building management with specific duties in creation of the high school Master Schedule, enrollment and scheduling of students. The Assistant Principal/Dean of Students organizes and directs the guidance program of the high school.
Nurture the dreams of all students and empower all students to contribute to a better world.
- Assists with the planning, implementation, and evaluation of educational staff and programs.
- Organizes and directs the guidance program at the high school.
- Directs enrollment, registration, and scheduling of new students.
- Supervises and assists in the development of the master teaching schedule.
- Implements the district program for standardized assessments, including local, state, and national.
- Initiates and maintains contacts with institutions of higher learning.
- Supervises the work of counselors and other professional and classified employees as assigned.
- Administers district policies concerning academics, discipline, and attendance.
- Assures the safety and welfare of students.
- Assists with planning and implementation of programs for parent groups, staff, and community agencies, and promotes positive public and school-community relations.
- Supervises support programs such as food services, bus loading, lunch supervision and transportation as assigned.
- Assists with the management and care of the school plant equipment and materials.
- Supervises extra-curricular activities.
- Assists with accreditation activities.
- Assists with the planning and supervision of a balanced student activities program.
- Administers building and district programs for career technology education and Early/Middle College Programs.
- May serve as lead building administrator in the absence of the principal.
- Reports to and keeps building principal updated and informed.
- Oversees all federal programs and services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in administration, supervision, curriculum or related areas.
- Meet or be willing to meet the State school administrator’s certification or continuing education requirement.
- Minimum of three years of teaching or counseling experience in public school system.
- Demonstrate advanced skills in computer utilization of educational materials and scheduling.
- Demonstrate advanced organizational and communication skills with students, parents and staff.
- Must possess a positive work history.
- Graduate credits in pupil personnel administration, testing, vocational guidance, special education or communications.
- Successful experience in a multicultural, urban school district.
- Knowledge and experience of human service agencies.
- Knowledge of performance assessment, curriculum development and learning styles.
- Ability to supervise and coordinate the work of others.
- Demonstrated skill in working with groups and individuals.
- Experience with the creation of a master schedule.
Internal candidates should submit a letter of interest and a current resume to the Human Resources Department attention:
Sheila Dorsey-Smith, Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources
Kalamazoo Public Schools
Department of Human Resources
1220 Howard Street
Kalamazoo, Michigan 49008
(269) 337-0178 | FAX (269) 337-0185
Kalamazoo Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visit our web site at: http://www.kalamazoopublicschools.com