Assistant Principal for Linden Grove Middle School
School District: Kalamazoo Public Schools
City/State: Kalamazoo, MI
Where to Apply: http://www.kalamazoopublicschools.com
Position Open Until: 4/15/2020
*Interested applicants should apply online and attach their application to this posting.
Assistant Principal is responsible for aiding the principal in the administration of a large, urban secondary school.
Nurture the dreams of all students and empower all students to contribute to a better world.
- Administers district policies and procedures concerning discipline and attendance.
- Assures the safety and welfare of students.
- Assists with planning and implementation of programs for parent groups, staff, and community agencies, and promotes positive public and school-community relations.
- Supervises support services such as office, food services, bus loading, lunch supervision, and transportation as assigned.
- Assists with the management and care of the school, equipment, and materials.
- Supervises extra-curricular activities.
- Assists with the planning, implementation, and evaluation of educational programs.
- Supervises the work of professional and classified employees as assigned.
- Assists with accreditation activities
- Assists with the planning and supervision of a balanced student activities program.
- Administers building and district programs for vocational and career-education preparation and placement, by (1) complying with Title IX and VII, (2) providing non-traditional opportunities for students, (3) providing quality experiences for students with special needs.
- May serve as lead building administrator in the absence of the principal.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assists with support services such as ESL, special education, and 504.
- Master's degree in administration, supervision, curriculum or related areas.
- Meet or be willing to meet the State school administrator’s certification requirements.
- Demonstrate advanced skills in computer utilization of educational materials and student information systems.
- Demonstrate advanced organizational and communication skills with students, parents, and staff.
- Must possess a positive work history.
- Three years of successful teaching experience or comparable successful experience working with students.
- Knowledge of human service agencies.
- Graduate credits in pupil personnel administration, testing, vocational guidance, special education or communications.
- Successful experience in a diverse, urban school district.
- Knowledge of performance assessment, curriculum development, and learning styles.
- Demonstrated ability to work with various groups including those with diverse backgrounds.
- Experience in management of student discipline and attendance with the ability to establish programs and procedures to improve student behavior and attendance.
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities and the ability to relate to students, staff, and parents.
Internal candidates should submit a letter of interest and a current resume to the Human Resources Department attention:
Sheila Dorsey-Smith, Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources
Kalamazoo Public Schools
Department of Human Resources
1220 Howard Street
Kalamazoo, Michigan 49008
(269) 337-0178 | FAX (269) 337-0185
Kalamazoo Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visit our web site at: http://www.kalamazoopublicschools.com